This is one of the most basic dumpling recipes for meat lovers. It is uncomplicated and straightforward to prepare, with only a single major ingredient, namely, pork. As such, this is an excellent learning recipe if you are trying to learn the basics of preparing boiled dumplings. This dish is best prepared with pork belly meat, which has the correct ratio of fat to lean meat to give a juicy dumpling. Pork bellies can be found in Asian grocers. Unfortunately, American grocers usually sell pork bellies as bacon, and it is difficult to find whole pork bellies or fatty ground pork at conventional grocers. If you can only obtain lean pork meat, you can add vegetable oil and water into the ground pork to maintain the appropriate amount of moisture in the dumpling. The result will be somewhat less flavorful, but healthier, since vegetable oil has less unsaturated fat compared to lard.
Pork belly meat, 2 cups
Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
Cooking wine, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil, 1 tablespoon
Ginger, 1 teaspoon
Green onion, 1 tablespoon
1. Mince pork belly in a meat grinder to prepare 2 cups of ground pork meat. If you are using lean pork, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon of water to the ground pork to add enough fat to the meat to give a juicy dumpling.
2. Add soy sauce, cooking wine, salt, and sesame oil to the ground pork and mix well.
3. Finely chop the green onion and ginger, and then mix them into the ground pork.
4. Allow the filling to rest for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare the wrapper dough, and roll out the dumpling wrappers.
6. Wrap the filling with the dumpling wrappers.
7. Boil a large pot of water. Add a dash of salt to the water to prevent the dumplings from sticking to the pot later.
8. Cook the dumplings in boiling water for 15 minutes.
9. Strain and serve the dumplings with your favorite condiment.
If you are a meat lover, you have to try this easy Chinese pork dumpling recipe. The pork dumplings are delicious.